Brave these Halloween happenings - if you dare!
HALLOWEEN MIHAMA COSTUME CONTEST: Oct. 30, 3 p.m.-7 p.m. Okinawa’s largest Halloween street party. Kids costume contest, 1:30-2 p.m.; award ceremony, 2:30-3 p.m. at Aeon Chatan, 2nd floor. Prizes for the top 1o winners. Parade 4-5 p.m. Adult costume contest, 5-6 p.m.; award ceremony, 6-6:40 p.m. near the Ferris wheel. Cash prizes for the top three winners; gift prizes for 4th-10th place. You must register to be in the costume contest; registration is limited to the first 100 applicants; the deadline is Oct. 28. 098-926-0808 www.okinawa-americanvillage.com/app/contactens
RISONARE KOHAMAJIMA HALLOWEEN SPECIAL: Through Oct. 31; attractions including night illumination on the private beach and more; 10-minute ride from Kohamajima Port after taking a 25-minute high-speed ferry ride from Ishigaki Islands; 0980-84-6300.
HAPPY HALLOWEEN KANUCHA RESORT: Through Oct. 31; includes Halloween 3-D Projection Mapping Theater at the Garden Pool area 8-9 p.m., along with Halloween photo stage; 098-869-5575.
PUMPKIN PANIC 2015: Oct. 31, 7-11 p.m.; biggest Halloween party on Okinawa, featuring group photo contest and group costume contest on Halloween; Otoichiba Music Town 3rd Floor; 3,000 yen (all you can drink); 090-5937-7154.
OKINAWA OMOSHIRO OBAKEYASHIKI (HAUNTED HOUSE): Through Nov. 1, 11 a.m.-9:30 p.m.; five-minute walk from Makie Station; 1,200 yen adults, 1,000 yen junior and senior high school students, 700 yen children, 200-300 yen discounts for Okinawa residents; 098-943-6244.
CAMP COURTNEY-COMMISSARY/PX AREA: Halloween Party, Bayview, Courtney; Oct. 31, 9 p.m.-1 a.m.
CAMP FOSTER: Halloween Family Night, The Veranda; Oct. 28, 5-9 p.m. / Halloween Bash, Globe & Anchor; Oct. 31, 9 a.m.-3 a.m.
FUTENMA: Halloween Inside the Pit, Habu Pit SNCO & Officers’ Lounges; Oct. 31. MCAS Futenma Haunted Labyrinth (liberty); Oct. 23-30.
CAMP KINSER: Halloween Family Fun Night, Surfside; Oct. 29, 5-9 p.m.
CAMP SCHWAB: Halloween Bash, Landing Zone enlisted Lounge; Oct. 30, 7 p.m.-midnight.
MCCS TOURS: Spooky Sites Tour, $20 adult, $13 ages 3-11, free ages 2 and younger; Nov. 1, 9 a.m.-4 p.m. and Nov. 2, Nov. 2, 8:45 a.m.-3 p.m. 646-3502 www.mccsokinawa.com/tours
U.S. ARMY GARRISON OKINAWA: Halloween Story Time at Torii Library: Oct. 30 at 4 p.m. in support of Focus Story Time. Join Torii Library and the Torii Beach Pirate for a reading of the children’s classic “Where The Wild Things Are.”
KADENA AIR BASE:
- HALLOWEEN CELEBRATION: Oct. 31, 11 p.m. Join us for a night of costumes, food and drinks! We’ll have a costume contest for our best dressed male, female and group or couple. Free for members and E1-4 personnel, $5 for nonmembers. Open to enlisted ranks E1-9. Banyan Tree Club 966-7372
- HALLOWEEN NIGHT GOLF: Oct. 31, 5:30 p.m. check-in, 6 p.m. shotgun start, Nine hole, four person scramble format. Price includes pizza, drinks, two LED glow balls and prizes! Limit of 40 players. $30 Per person. Chibana Golf Course 966-7327
- KIDS’ COSMIC BOWLING: Oct. 31, 10:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. We will have the black lights on to show off the cosmic designs on our new lanes with Halloween movies playing on our lane TVs! $7. / HALLOWEEN PIN
- DECORATING CONTEST: (With divisions for kids and families!) Pick pins from Oct. 22; must be turned in by Oct. 30. Judging during our Halloween Kids’ Cosmic Bowling on Oct 30.Emery Lanes 966-7303
- PUMPKIN DECORATING CONTEST: We’re accepting pumpkins through Oct. 29. Get creative and have some fun! This contest is centered on decorating the outside of a pumpkin. Please do not carve into the pumpkins. Check out the October Venture for inspirational ideas. / FAMILY FALL FESTIVAL: Join us for a scary story time of fall and Halloween themed stories or enjoy a Halloween movie. We’ll have plenty of tasty treats, an exciting Chuck a Punkin’ game, face painting, and mask Halloween garland and treat bag making - supplies provided! Frankie will be on hand for photo ops and to show his secret lab. Wear your best costume for a costume contest with different age groups! Oct. 29, 4 p.m. Kadena Base Library 634-1502
- KIDDIE COSTUME PARTY: Oct. 28, 6:30 p.m.-8:30 p.m. Bring all of your little monsters out for a great night of food, dancing in the ballroom and fabulous prizes! $10 ages 12 and up ($2 member discount), $6 ages 4-11 ($1 member discount), $3 ages 3 and under. Children must be accompanied by an adult. HALLOWEEN PARTY: Oct. 30, 9 p.m.-2 p.m.Drink specials and cash prizes for best men’s, women’s and couples costumes! Open to officers and civilian equivalents. ROCKY • HORROR PICTURE SHOW: Oct. 30, 10 p.m.-midnight in the Lounge. Drink specials, party favors and prizes for best costume. Open to officers and civilian equivalents ages 20 and up. Officers’ Club 966-7409
- DARKNESS AT OKUMA: Oct. 31, 6:30 p.m.-9 p.m. Spend your Halloween at Okuma Beach with our Haunted House and trick or treating. AZOK • ILLUSION SHOW: 6 p.m.-6:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.-8 p.m. Kids get a balloon sword or wand. AFTER PARTY AT THE WAVERUNNER LOUNGE: Cap off your Halloween with hors d’oeuvres, beverage specials and a costume contest. Okuma Beach 631-1991
- SPOOKY SPIN CLASS: Oct. 23, 8 p.m.-10 p.m. Join us for two hours of spin in a darkened room with LED lights. We’ll provide the zombies if you bring the glow sticks! Risner Fitness Center 634-5128
- HALLOWEEN BASH: Oct. 31, 10 p.m. Free for members, $5 for nonmembers.Wear your Halloween costume and have the chance to win great prize for best male, female and group or couples costume. Open to all enlisted ranks, and services and civilian equivalents ages 20 and up. HALLOWEEN SUPER FAMILY MEMBERSHIP NIGHT: Oct. 28, 5 p.m. in NCO Club Ballroom. Buffet till 7 p.m. Free for ages 17 and under; $5 for adults. Wear your favorite Halloween costume for a night of spooky fun, giveaways and a delicious buffet with various age group costume contests. Open to Air Force Rocker and Banyan Tree Club members. Rocker NCO Club 966-7234
- DORM BASH: Oct. 23, 7 p.m.-11p.m. at dorm 145 parking. Prizes will be given out for the best male and female costume and the dorm with the most participants. Food, drinks and music provided. Schilling Community Center 634-1387
- MONSTER MASH COSTUME DANCE: Oct. 30, 7 p.m.-9 p.m. $5 for Ages 9-12. Pre-registration required. Youth Center 634-0500