Exercise Constant Vigilance 2013 guidance
Exercise Constant Vigilance 2013 is scheduled to take place Oct. 21–25 throughout Marine Corps Base Camp Smedley D. Butler.
This exercise will involve Marine Corps Installations Pacific security forces, participating services, Department of Defense Dependent Schools, Japan Ground Self-Defense Force members and participating status of forces agreement personnel.
Japan and neighboring countries in the AsiaPacific region have experienced natural disasters to include earthquakes, tsunamis and typhoons.
The overall mission of the exercise is to assess and validate the capability of MCB Butler to respond to and recover from a tsunami landfall event that results in casualties and/or damage to critical assets. Scheduled events such as civil unrest, search and rescue, safe-haven and evacuation operations, bilateral evacuation
of civilians through the camp, mass-feeding scenario and medical triage training will take place across Okinawa.
One of the goals of CV13 is to familiarize persons on Okinawa with evacuation drills and emergency procedures. Interested individuals can participate in the events listed on the right or contact their respective installation for more information.
• Starting at 9 a.m. a voluntary evacuation drill will be held for the South Courtney (East) multifamily housing unit.
• At 2 p.m. a voluntary vertical evacuation drill will be held for the South Courtney (West) tower apartments.
• At 9 a.m.Bechtel Elementary School will practice an evacuation.
• At 2 p.m. a voluntary evacuation drill will be held at Camp Mctureous (Northeast) multifamily housing units.
• Kinser Elementary School will practice an evacuation.
• Okinawa citizens will practice an evacuation through Gate 5 to Gate 1 and return via the same route .
• Essential equipment will be relocated from lowlying areas during an evacuation drill.
• Evacuation and safe-haven procedures will be executed for department of defense dependents schools and personnel on Camp Foster.
• A bilateral mass feeding and medical training event is scheduled to take place of the football field near Gunners Fitness Center.
Be sure to contact your installation’s camp services office for more information concerning events taking place during Constant Vigilance 2013.