Larceny of Personal and Government Property
Over the past two months, larcenies have increased including theft from vehicles, residential areas, and public gym lockers, often left unsecured. Items taken range from CIF gear, watches, cell phones, and wallets containing cash, credit cards, and personal identification. Taking proper precautions with your personal belongings could save you from becoming a victim of larceny.
PREVENT THEFT OF PERSONAL ITEMS
- Always lock and secure your door(s) and windows
- If your keys are lost or stolen, report it immediately
- Avoid leaving any personal items unattended in a public place
- Record all serial numbers of valuable possessions
- Do not leave valuables unattended or unsecure in your room, office or public locker
- Do not prop your doors open
- Use locks when using public lockers
PREVENT THEFT FROM VEHICLES
NEVER leave valuables in view, even if your car is locked!
- Always lock your car
- Completely close car windows
- Take out removable radios/face plates
- Park in well-lit areas
- Park in attended lots
- Install audible alarm
- Avoid parking between large vehicles.
Call 098-911-1911 if you see suspicious activities such as:
- Looking into car windows
- Nervous – looking around slowly or quickly
- Checking for car alarms by bumping or hitting for sensitivity
Analyst Note: All U.S. military and civilian personnel are advised to remain vigilant and take proper precautions in order to combat becoming a victim of larceny.