33 self-care tips you need in your life
Stripes Okinawa | .
published: November 19, 2018
Life is busy, but it can be less stressful if you take the time to do the things that better you and lift your mood. It’s easy to put the things you enjoy to the side because you’re buried under the piles of demanding tasks and stress that come with life. It’s possible to accomplish the things you need to get done all while taking care of your mind, body and overall well-being. Start by making time for these wonderful self-care tips:
Take care of your mind
- Meditate for at least five minutes.
- Burn your favorite candle.
- Go on a technology detox.
- Read your favorite book one you’ve been meaning to get to.
- Start your day with positive thoughts.
- Journal your thoughts.
Take care of your body
- Eat healthy foods to nourish your body.
- Splurge from time to time on your favorite junk food to keep you sane.
- Buy a nice water bottle and drink a lot of water.
- Go on a long run.
- Push yourself through a challenging workout.
- Take a nap.
- Allow yourself to do nothing for a day.
- Go to sleep early enough to get eight hours of sleep.
- Take a hot bubble bath filled with Epsom salt to rid of toxins and relieve muscle soreness.
- Treat yourself to a massage.
- Get a new haircut.
- Save up for something you’ve been wanting and go buy it.
- Stop and literally smell the flowers.
- Watch your favorite movie for the hundredth time.
- Buy yourself and a stranger a cup of coffee.
- Try something new.
- Sleep in on the weekend.
- Go out and embrace the sunshine.
- Give someone a hug.
- Say no to negativity and negative people.
- Listen to your favorite music.
- Call an old friend.
- Choose a junk drawer to declutter.
- Create a vision board listing all of your short and long-term goals.
- Start on that project you’ve been putting off.
- Donate clothes and household items you don’t use anymore.
- Rearrange a room in your home.
You don’t have to cross all of these tips off at once. Start by implementing a few each day and on the weekends. Find your favorite ones, stick to them and create your own self-care routine that will keep you from burning out.