Recipes that make the most of salt
Boiled chicken seasoned with red and white salt
Ingredients [ 2~3 servings ]
- Boiled chicken
- Chicken breast
- (2 pieces)
- Onion (1/4)
- Carrot (1/4)
- Celery (1/4)
- Bay leaf (1)
- Water (700cc)
- Cooking sake (70cc)
- Salt (1 Tablespoon)
- Leek (chopped)1/4
- Sesame Oil(small amount)
- Soy sauce (small amount)
- Red and white salt Roasted salt (proper quantity)
- Red edible flower (If not available, substitute with red food coloring) proper quantity
- Mix B ingredients.
- To make red and white salt. Red:mix edible flowers and roasted salt in a food processor. White:use roasted salt by itself.
- Put B on top of sliced chicken, accompanied by red and white salt.Use salts as desired.
Mibai (grouper) cooked in brine
Ingredients [ 3~4 servings ]
*Any light white fish, such as cod, can be substituted.
- Cod (1 whole fish)
- Salt (800g)
- Egg whites (1 and a half)
- The amount changes depening on the fish size.
- Mix salt and the egg whites.
- Cover the Mibai with the mixture.
- Bake at200℃ for 40~50minutes.
To remove a strong meat taste or fishiness!
To lessen a strong meat flavor, sprinkle salt over meat, rub and wash off. Salt also functions as a sanitizer for meat and fish. Washing fish in a 3-4 percent salt solution can remove viscosity, the source of fishiness.
To bring out the true flavor of fresh ingredients!
Season shrimp and fish with sake to which has been added a dash of salt to bring out the true flavor of fresh ingredients.
– Okinawa Convention & Visitors Bureau