Halloween Treats: Pumpkin Almond Smoothie
Packed with seasonal goodies and nutrition-rich foods such as almonds and olive oil, this is the smoothie for autumn! Because the pumpkin was organic, this recipe leaves the skin unpeeled—but you can opt to take it off. Pumpkin seed oil can be substituted for olive oil, and maple syrup can be used in place of honey.
Cooking time: 10 min
Servings: 1 tall glass
- 1 medium-sized banana, peeled and frozen
- 100g cooked pumpkin
- 1/3 cup almonds, raw and unsalted recommended
- 100cc soy milk or milk
- 2 tbs unsweetened yogurt
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pinch cinnamon powder
- Chop almonds, putting aside 1 tbs of the nuts.
- Cut frozen banana and pumpkin into medium-sized pieces.
- Combine fruit, the remaining almonds, soy milk, yogurt, honey, and olive oil in a tall glass.
- Blend batch with a hand blender until smooth.
- Pour into a glass. Sprinkle with the tablespoon of chopped almonds and cinnamon powder.
Subscribe to our Stripes Pacific newsletter and receive amazing travel stories, great event info, cultural information, interesting lifestyle articles and more directly in your inbox!
Follow us on social media!