Recipes: Japanese Bloody Mary
- 200ml tomato juice
- 100ml shochu
- 1 tsp yuzukosho, or to taste
- 1-2 tbsp fresh yuzu or lemon juice
- 3 dashes Tabasco sauce
- 1 teaspoon mirin
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon soy sauce, or to taste
- Shichimi togarashi spice mixture, to taste
- 1 stalk celery, or Japanese white celery stalks
- 1 stick cucumber
- Yuzu or lemon wedge
- Pickled ginger
- Pickled daikon
- Green olive
- Add plenty of ice to a shaker or stirring glass, along with tomato juice, shochu, yuzukosho, lemon juice, mirin, hot sauce, salt, and pepper.
- Shake or stir vigorously to chill and combine.
- Pour the mixture into a tall glass.
- Add a celery stalk and cucumber stick to the glass, and sprinkle over a few drops of soy sauce and shichimi togarashi to taste.
- Garnish glass with lemon wedge and a skewer of pickled ginger, pickled daikon, and green olives.
Subscribe to our Stripes Pacific newsletter and receive amazing travel stories, great event info, cultural information, interesting lifestyle articles and more directly in your inbox!
Follow us on social media!