Summer savings: June kicks off commissaries’ red hot promotions
FORT LEE, Va. – June is a time to honor fathers, the flag and the Army’s 244th birthday. The month is also jam-packed with hot savings events for commissary patrons such as Healthy Lifestyle Festivals and sales promotions to help them prepare for their July 4th celebrations and more.
“Summer is here and it’s time to celebrate!” said Army Command Sgt. Maj. Tomeka N. O’Neal, the Defense Commissary Agency’s senior enlisted advisor to the DeCA director.
“I’ll admit my bias for the Army’s Birthday, but Father’s Day has universal appeal as a day of reflection and family, and usually involves gatherings around food,” she continued. “Whether you’re grilling, cooking a big breakfast, or spending quality time together with a few snacks keep in mind that your commissary brings you quality and great prices to help you celebrate even more.”
All the promotions, sales, coupons and deals make the commissary the place to do your shopping this summer. Overseas stores may have substitute events for certain promotional programs. Customers should check with their store managers to verify if and when their stores will be offering the following sales events:
- Commissary Beef and Pork Sizzling Summer Savings: The commissary is cutting huge deals for the grill masters through Sept. 1. Check with your meat department to learn more about these sizzling offers:
- Whole Sub Primal Beef Sold at Cost – customers can save 14% to 26% on sub primal beef. Cut upon request with no additional charge.
- Healthy Alternative Power Buy Box – Save 29% on 20 pounds of select cuts of lean beef and pork
- Economy Power Buy Box – Save 31% on 15 pounds of select cuts of beef and pork
- Summer Tailgate Power Buy Box – Save 37% on 20 pounds of select cuts of beef and pork
- Fritos and Carry the Load: Fritos salutes our nation’s heroes by partnering with the commissary and Carry the Load. Fritos will donate $100,000 to Carry the Load, a non-profit organization that honors and celebrates active duty military and veterans, first responders and their families. Fritos encourages patrons to find an event and join in honoring our nation’s heroes. Then, post a salute picture using #FritosSalutes. Look for in-store displays for details. This event runs through July 13.
- Smithfield® Military Mobile Sampling Tours: For a sixth year, Smithfield is bringing its traveling events to seven different military bases in California and Washington. Each base will host an event for five days. These four-hour, outdoor events let commissary patrons sample products, receive coupons and earn a free gift with purchase – a custom-branded thermal grocery bag. To receive the free bag, patrons must purchase either three Eckrich Smoked Sausage, two Nathan’s Beef Franks or two Smithfield Bacon products. Quantities are available while supplies last. Check with your commissary customer service center to confirm event participation, dates and times; event dates are subject to change. Currently scheduled events:
- Miramar Marine Corps Air Station: June 14
- San Diego Naval Base: June 27
- Kraft Heinz® Summer Grilling Singles: Save when you buy together. Buy two packs of Kraft American Cheese Singles and save on ground beef. Look for the coupons on participating packages of ground beef. This event runs through July 4.
- Fisher House Foundation: Acosta Military will donate to the Fisher House a portion of sale proceeds of participating brands through June 16. See coupon flyers in commissaries worldwide. A Fisher House is a “home-away-from-home” for families of patients receiving care at many major military and VA medical centers. More information is available at http://www.fisherhouse.org. This event ends June 16.
- Spiderman Homecoming 2: Spider-Man Homecoming 2 is coming to theaters July 5 and Kellogg’s is bringing excitement to the store. A full line of collectible packaging, Spider-Man sticker inserts (scan the sticker for an augmented virtual reality to see the world like Spider-Man does in his suit), free movie ticket offers, and savings on select Kellogg’s products are just some of the features: Kellogg’s Frosted Flakes, Froot Loops, Apple Jacks, Corn Pops, Pop-Tarts, Cheez-It, Club Crackers, Rice Krispies Treats, Fudge Shoppe Cookies, Sandies Cookies and Eggo Waffles. This promotion runs from June 2 to July 5.
- Kellogg’s Free Milk: Kellogg’s is offering free milk (any brand, any flavor, any size) when you purchase any three Kellogg’s cereals 8-ounces or larger. Coupons expire June 30. This promotion runs from June 3 to 16.
- Unilever Patriotic Festival of Savings: Unilever has significant savings on Vaseline Intensive Care Lotion, Q-Tips, Hellmann’s/Best Foods, Lipton, Knorr, Breyer’s, Magnum, Seventh Generation, Growing Roots and Maille Mustard. Also, Unilever will award $500 to 50 deserving families to help them pay down their Military Star Card balances. Look for in-store displays for details. This promotion runs from June 17 to July 7.
- MyMilitarySavings.com Text-To-Win: Enter for your chance to win a $25 commissary gift card. Text “Commissary” to 467467 to enter. No purchase necessary. This promotion runs from June 1 to 30.
- Your Feedback Is Important: DeCA is in the process of gathering information about its website, commissary benefit and our patrons’ shopping experience. Please take a few minutes to complete the survey on the DeCA website located in the banner above the picture on the home page. Additional surveys about the commissary shopping benefit and shopping experience are coming soon. In the meantime, give us your feedback by following us on any of our social media platforms, or completing the survey at the bottom of your sales receipt. Your voice is important and we want you to be heard. These surveys help us make the changes you want to see.
Subscribe to our Stripes Pacific newsletter and receive amazing travel stories, great event info, cultural information, interesting lifestyle articles and more directly in your inbox!
Follow us on social media!