Take Your Government Career to the Next Level With SEA
If you’re a dedicated government professional looking to grow as a leader in the federal service, the Senior Executives Association (SEA) is for you. The premier professional organization for career leaders in the federal government, SEA believes in empowering and connecting senior executives to improve the functioning of the government, solve critical national challenges, and enhance the public’s trust.
The Senior Executives Association (SEA) is the professional association for career members of the Senior Executive Service (SES) and equivalent positions. SEA also represents aspiring leaders (GS-12 to GS-15s and equivalents) who are part of SEA’s leadership pipeline program.
SEA is not only the voice of career leaders through a strong advocacy program, it empowers senior leaders across government by providing the tools, resources and connections they need to succeed. SEA members receive access to research and news, strategic networks, and connections to the good practices across government that they may not receive on the job.
Above all else, SEA is guided by dedication to public service and to helping career Federal leaders better serve the American people. SEA members are part of a movement to transform government for the 21st Century and to empower senior leaders to drive change.
SEA is for career members of the Senior Executive Service (SES) and equivalent positions as well as aspiring leaders (GS-12 to GS-15 and equivalents). The association offers members a variety of benefits designed to ensure the professional growth and expertise of senior career leaders and promote a stronger, more effective government, including:
- The opportunity to network with engaged employees across agencies, functions, and missions
- Mentoring from seasoned career professionals
- ECQ preparation assistance
- Access to training, development, and other tools
- Insights into issues affecting the government leadership profession
- A seat at the table on cross-governmental policy conversations
While SEA’s mission is focused on the SES, there are several levels at which mid-career-professionals from GS-12 through GS-15 (and equivalents) can join SEA:
- GS-14 and GS-15 (and equivalents) employees who are not eligible for full membership can join as an associate member. Associates can take part in SEA’s leadership and mentoring program as well as its Communities of Change subgroup focused on legislative policy.
- GS-12 and GS-13(and equivalents) employees who have been identified as rising stars — for example, having participated in OPM’s PMF as a Pathway, other agency-specific leadership programs, or the SEA-YGL Mentor/Protégé Program — may join as rising leaders. Rising leaders are eligible to participate in SEA’s leadership and mentoring programs and participate in Communities of Change.
- GS-12 to GS 15 (and equivalents) employees interested in engaging with SEA may join as an affiliate.
Associates, rising leaders, and affiliates can participate in chapter activities, webinars, seminars, and other events; qualify for a discounted rate for the SEA Annual Meeting; and receive SEA’s monthly newsletter, ACTION, as well as SEA sponsor discounts, including professional liability insurance, retirement and financial planning, legal and career coaching serv ices, car rentals, and health care. Additional benefits include access to experts across government to help members tackle challenges and identify opportunities, career planning and help guides, one-on-one mentoring and coaching opportunities, a career board, and many other strategic networking opportunities.
For more information about SEA, visit seniorexecs.org.
Subscribe to our Stripes Pacific newsletter and receive amazing travel stories, great event info, cultural information, interesting lifestyle articles and more directly in your inbox!
Follow us on social media!