Try your commissary for fast, discounted holiday gift items
Note: To watch a video on DeCA’s YouTube page related to holiday shopping at your commissary, go to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4KUxRbtleI.
FORT LEE, Va. – If you’re planning several trips to the commissary over the next few weeks to shop for holiday meals here’s a pro-tip: While there you can check one more thing off your holiday “to-do” list – shopping for stocking stuffers, a task typically saved for the last-minute rush.
“Filling Christmas stockings can be hard on your wallet and cost you lots of time going from store to store,” said Tracie Russ, the Defense Commissary Agency’s sales director. “Your commissary is an especially good place to pick up practical and unique stocking stuffer gifts. It will not only save you time during this extra busy season, it will also save you money.”
Consider these great stocking stuffer ideas straight from your commissary aisles:
- Commissary gift cards
- International candies and chocolates
- Fresh or dried fruit
- A favorite gum or mint
- Gourmet spices, rubs or barbecue sauces
- Basting brushes and barbecue skewers
- Markers, pens or pads
- Hot chocolate or instant latte
- Hand sanitizer
- Body wash or scrub, lotions, shampoos, conditioners or antiperspirants with a bath sponge
- Lip balm
- Bags of seeds or nuts
- Flavor enhancers for water
- Flavored syrup for coffee
- International or gourmet coffee or tea
- Scented candles or a flashlight
- Meat sticks or beef jerky
- Unique jams or jellies
- Socks or shoe water repellant
- Baby bottle brushes, diapers and wipes
- Tape, glue, scissors and sticky notes
- Pet toys and treats
- Decorative cupcake liners, cookie cutters, measuring spoons and unusual flavoring extracts
- S’mores and trail mix fixings
- Popcorn and popcorn salt
“Forget the panic over last-minute stocking stuffer shopping,” said Russ. “There are lots of items on the commissary aisles you can pick up while you do your grocery shopping. You will save time and money filling those stocking with gifts that family and friends will need and enjoy.”
Subscribe to our Stripes Pacific newsletter and receive amazing travel stories, great event info, cultural information, interesting lifestyle articles and more directly in your inbox!
Follow us on social media!