Enter Kadena's Earth Day Video Contest!
Grab your camera and show us how you help protect the environment and conserve earth’s resources!
Kadena Air Base is holding a video contest to promote awareness of environmental sustainability and protection. Entries should present an encouraging message, fun facts, ideas that can be put into action, or reasons why Earth Day matters every day. Be creative and use theatrical tools to help create your message: humor, drama, solemnity, or music. Consider using props, costumes or compelling backgrounds. If you like, record yourself in action, demonstrating an activity or idea – lead by example! Submissions should be 30 seconds.
Ideas for your video (or create your own Earth Day theme!):
• Creative ways or ideas to save energy and/or water
• The 3 R’s: Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
• Reduce your carbon footprint
• Conserve today for the future
• Keep our air, water, and soil clean
• Protect or create habitat
• Enjoy the great outdoors
To enter: Submit a video to: KadenaEarthDay@gmail.com by 21 April 2015 (see below)
Winners: will be selected by our judges and public voting
Vote for winners at facebook.com/dodea.pacific between 27 Apr and 4 May
Questions? Please contact KadenaEarthDay@gmail.com
How to enter:
• Create your video and give it a title.
• Complete the 2015 Earth Week Video Contest Submission/Permission Form
• Email your video and the submission/permission form to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 21 April 2015. In the event you cannot send files larger than 10 MB via email, use google drive or please ask your parent or teacher to send the file using the Army’s AMRDEC SAFE Web Application (https://safe.amrdec.army.mil/SAFE/) and send the files to email@example.com
• All entries are due NLT 21 April 2015
Who may enter:
• Students enrolled at DoDEA schools located on Kadena Air Base, Okinawa, Japan.
1. Length: 30 seconds with no audio during the first second of video (used for fading if selected for an AFN spot)
2. Avoid violating copyright laws or using brand names or logos other than Kadena Air Base in your video. You agree to indemnify the U.S. Government and the Air Force (AF) for any claim, demand, judgment, or other allegation arising from your possible violation of someone's trademark, copyright, or other legally protected interest in any way in your video. All contest submitters agree not to make any commercial use of those portions of their submissions without prior written approval from 18th Wing Public Affairs (18 WG/PA) and 718th Civil Engineering Squadron Installation Management Flight (718 CES/CEI).
3. Your video may not contain any endorsement, solicitation, commercial, or similar content advocating for or against candidates for office, political issues, or commercial products.
4. Your video must be original content for this contest. Do not submit a video that has been submitted elsewhere.
5. Permission must be obtained for each person featured in your video. Submit as many submission/permission forms as necessary to document permission.
6. Please record and submit the highest video quality possible from your available equipment (phone, camera, etc.).
Consent/release: By entering the contest, you grant 718 CES/CEI a perpetual, royalty-free license to use your video, in any media, for standard government-related and other non-commercial purposes. You grant 718 CES/CEI and 18 WG/PA permission to edit, modify, format, or adapt your video for 718 CES/CEI's purposes at 718 CES/CEI’s sole discretion. Except for prizes awarded to the winner of the video contest, no other compensation in any manner will be paid to any entrant of the video contest for the submission to 718 CES/CEI or 718 CES/CEI future use of the video in any manner. If you want to remove your video from the competition, you may do so by requesting 718 CES/CEI delete your video from its competition prior to the announcement of the winner in the earth week this year. There is no limit on the number of videos someone may submit.
All videos will be reviewed by a panel of expert judges from Kadena AB Installation Management based on message, accuracy, and appropriateness of theme, creativity, and entertainment value. Top candidates will be selected and uploaded to the official DoDEA Pacific Facebook page for public voting: facebook.com/dodea.pacific
The voting results will determine People’s Choices and the Runner-ups. Kadena AB Installation Management will pick the Editor’s Choices. The voting period will be from April 27, 2015 to May 4, 2015
A maximum of one prize will be awarded to each winning video, regardless of how many individuals are featured in the video.
Top videos will also be submitted to AFN for broadcasting consideration via their local spot rotation. 718 CES/CEI reserves the right to determine the winners if any unforeseen disputes occurs.
Contact information you submit on the entry form will only be used to contact you in the event you win the contest, or if there is a question or issue regarding your video or its content. We will not disclose, give, sell, or transfer any personal information about you, unless required for law enforcement or by statute. As your video will be made available to the public, you should not include personal information about yourself or anyone else. All information collected on the entry form will be deleted at the conclusion of the contest. 718 CES/CEI and 18 WG/PA will be using the official Kadena AB Facebook page to host the videos for this contest. You are subject to Facebook's use, privacy, cookie, and security provisions also.
Subscribe to our Stripes Pacific newsletter and receive amazing travel stories, great event info, cultural information, interesting lifestyle articles and more directly in your inbox!
Follow us on social media!