Tasty Greek Salad recipes
Greek salad is one of my absolute favorite dishes. It’s both hearty and fresh, sweet and salty – such depth of flavor. My brother and I have been known to fight over who gets the last bowl. Even when I make a large bowl for just myself, there’s never enough.
This salad has a perfect symphony of flavors from the sweet tomatoes, crisp cucumbers, spicy red onions, and savory olives. It’s the fresh taste of Greece in a bowl.
• 4 beautiful, ripe tomatoes or 20 cherry tomatoes (I used multi-colored heirloom cherry tomatoes)
• 1 cucumber (I used Japanese cucumbers)
• 1/2 small red onion (or to taste)
• 15 kalamata olives (pitted)
• 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
• 2 tbsp olive oil (optional)
• salt and pepper to taste
1. If using regular tomatoes, chop into thin wedges. If using cherry tomatoes, cut in half.
2. Clean the cucumbers. Peel the cucumber if the skin is thick or if it isn’t organic. Cut into thin half-moons. The tomato-to-cucumber ratio should be 1:1.
3. Thinly slice the red onion into thin half-moons.
4. Either cut the olives in half or keep them whole (make sure they have no pits!).
5. Add the vinegar, olive oil (optional), salt, and pepper to taste.
6. Fold the ingredients together.
To make this a fat-free salad, remove the olive oil and olives from the recipe. To have a fully raw version, find raw olives at a health foods store.
Subscribe to our Stripes Pacific newsletter and receive amazing travel stories, great event info, cultural information, interesting lifestyle articles and more directly in your inbox!
Follow us on social media!